9 months ago I signed up to this thing called 12wbt
............. I sat for days reading over the forums that were titled '30 kilos
or more to lose' thinking to myself, are these people for real? I was
overwhelmed with the amount of enabling that was happening, and didn't know how
to work out how I was going to get support from anyone other than my Mum
because I didn't tell my friends I was doing it. I didn't want to be told it
was OK if I ate 20 tim tams because I was sad, or that I should eat if I was
hungry etc etc, you all know what I mean you've been around long enough to
understand what I'm saying. So for a few
days I sat and contemplated starting a Facebook group of 'like minded' people
who were going to keep each other accountable and whom all had a common goal,
from there 'Destination Dirty 30' was born. Since then, we've changed the name
to '#D30'. So I added my Mum to the group and told her that I was going to post
an ad for it in the forums, thinking oh yeh we might find a couple of people to
chat to about it all and hopefully they are determined and not after an ego
stroke or an excuse page...........................the rest is history, here we
are, and we are strong!
Last night was really mixed emotions for me. Here was a
group of my amazing 'virtual' friends who unlike me , made a plan , let nothing
get in the way and showed up to finale, together, as a group and did us
extremely proud. There were several foundation members as well as new ones
we've welcomed along the way. I would be lying to you if I sad last night I didn't
get rather upset. I sat with my cup of tea at the computer eagerly waiting for
someone to add a new photo, post about something they were doing. It made me laugh;
it made me cry, but more than anything it made me proud! Pride is a difficult
emotion for me, it's not something I've ever really experienced outside of
being proud of my daughter and immediate family members, but last night that
was the overwhelming sense I got.
These remarkable women, were dancing, playing, and genuinely
having a great time, all whilst showing off the amazing hard work they have
done! They were a group that stuck together, included everyone and I can't
think of a better representation of how we want #D30 to be. No one there last
night has completed their journey, and I really hope that this has given them
some sort of boost to make this next round count. For some, it may be the last
round because that how close they are to being at their goal. I believe that
12wbt is something to be completed and then get on with your life with the
things you've learnt, and that it shouldn't become your life, but I dare say
that judging by the looks of you guys last night you've made some friends for
life. From the bottom of my heart, I want each and every one of you to know
you've done us proud, I'm so grateful for the way each and every one of you
rocked it yesterday!!!
I will be in Adelaide, there is no question about that, I am not sitting on the fence a minute longer, I beg all of my 'virtual' friends to please try make that journey too.
#D30 we've got your back!
I will be in Adelaide, there is no question about that, I am not sitting on the fence a minute longer, I beg all of my 'virtual' friends to please try make that journey too.
#D30 we've got your back!
YES!!!
ReplyDeleteWell said Emma. You certainly have 'given birth' to a marvellous group of people brought together by a desire to reinvent themselves!
ReplyDeleteWell done to you!
I wished that photo sitting there was you. You should be really proud of this group. We might not be for everyone, but we are certainly for each other. Emma, I know I already love you. Thanks for the group & thanks for simply ..... being you.
ReplyDelete