Sunday, 28 April 2013

Without going too far back through the past. In August 2012 I decided, along with my mother to embark on Michelle Bridges 12wbt Transformation. Things were pretty great for the first round.........im now heading into my 4th. So whats changed? Not a whole lot, but quite a lot as well. 

To be quite honest with you, losing weight is simple, its easy and its accessible to each and every one of us. The equation is this easy ; wake up, eat 1200 healthy calories, do some exercise (doesnt even have to be everyday, but the program prescribes 6 days per week), go to sleep, get up and do it all again. If you're over 100 kilos , just doing these three simple steps would easily see you lose weight consistently throughout the 12 weeks. There are no hidden secrets, thats it. Again I repeat, wake up, eat 1200 calories, do some exercise, sleep, wake up and do it all again. 

So why then havent I lost half my body weight and then why arent I modelling a size 8 bikini for Billabong? I'll tell you the top two reasons why. 

Number 1: Organization. In order to eat 1200 calories a day, you need to be organized. For someone like me this is a little how organization looks. A freezer full of pre cooked meals from 12wbt , a cupboard full of muesli/oats (that I know the calorie value of) a fridge stocked with yoghurt to top my oats/muesli. Because thats all you need. You need your breakfast, you need your lunch and dinner (already pre cooked in the freezer)! How easy is that? With a few little snacks or hot drinks in between , bingo you've hit your 1200 healthy calories and your day nutrition wise is done.......SORTED!!! 

So if the food is that easy, and its that simple to eat healthy calories , why dont I? This leads me to number 2!

2. CONSISTENCY!! The dictionary defines it as :
  1. Conformity in the application of something, typically that which is necessary for the sake of logic, accuracy, or fairness.
Wowzers look at that , look at the key words in there NECESSARY LOGIC FAIRNESS. Pretty certain its necessary for me to be a healthy young woman to be able to live life to the full, pretty sure its logical to not be 29 and hold yourself back because you're fat and uncomfortable and im pretty sure its fair to myself and the people I love (in particular my daughter) to be fit and healthy and the best possible version of myself!!
So this is my argument, losing weight isnt hard  , losing weight is simple. Getting your shit in a pile and just fucking doing it is hard (if you let it be).
There are so many reasons as to why I havent been as successful as I should of been, but it comes down to consistency. I have two very strong role models who one has reached their goal weight and another will this next round. I have ample support networks in relation to weightloss, thing is Im consistent with nothing, 12wbt is just another thing to add to the list. Im one of those people, that does bursts of awesomeness, but never on a consistent basis, my house is spotless for a month, then it isnt, my hair is taken care of for two weeks then its tied up and forgotten about, I lack consistency in most parts of my life , the only thing I push myself to be consistent with is Sophie and her education.

So how do you get consistent? Derr if I knew the answer to that obviously I would be. This is week one day one of trial and error consistency. This blog is not only designed to share my journey on 12wbt and weightloss, this is aimed to eliminate, reflect honestly and figure out the best way consistency works for me!

So what have I done? Ive spent the day cooking. I've got a freezer full of meals, and I know the exact date I will need to cook again. Ive worked out exactly what it is I am capable of exercise wise, and am committed to 4 days a week , if I do more then great, but I am capable of 4 days. I am speaking to others about becomming more of a 'all or nothing' sort of person, that lifestyle is no fun for anyone.

So who am ? Im Emma , Im 29, Im way too fat for my own good. I dont believe that being overweight is normal, despite what the soft media might tell us. Im short, really short, and while I might weigh a lot less than I did when I first started last August Im short, and when you're short, you're fatter than the whole world :) Or so it seems. Im a procrastinator, and im in consistent. I have a loving family and partner , not to mention the most beautiful little girl . I get worn out easy because I give a whole lot to others and I have no idea how to be consistent.

So my plan is to strip it all back, not to get caught up in it all and stick to this . 1200 healthy calories a day , exercise 4 days a week (more if I can). That is my entire goal for this next 12 weeks, if this is achievable, I will lose weight no doubts , but more than the weightloss, maybe my mindset will change into being a more consistent human being.

This blog post may sound very negative, its not intended to. I just dont want to pretty it up to be something its not. The truth is I am inconsistent and because of it I suffer. The truth is, that losing weight is easy, trust me Ive been on these forums long enough to hear every friggen excuse under the sun. Just so you know if you're reading this, not one of the women Ive watched whom are consistent have ever put on weight from being sick, nor have they put on weight from having TTOM a , its all bullshit the only reason you gain weight is if you lack consistency. (Just saying) .

My 12wbt journey hasnt been all negative. Ive grown a lot closer with my Mum, I've learned a significant amount about cooking (which used to consist of not a whole lot), I remembered how much I love exercising, and I got that high from exercise, though it wasnt consistent because I wasnt even consistent with that. So here we go, new round, no weightloss goals, pure consistency goal.

SAY IT OUT LOUD:

My name is Emma and I am inconsistent. MY goal for round 2 2013 is to remain as consistent as possible. Doing this will allow me structure, happiness and a sense of achievment. Whilst getting out of the 'obese' category is of high importance, I am unable to do that with the habits I currently have.

Tomorrow Im printing 'Fat' photos to stick in front of tredmil to remind me what needs to be done and Im committing to watching every video this round. I dont have a recent photo of myself but will always post the ones I do. Thanks for reading :)
I am currently about 8 kilos lighter than the end photo. Imagine what I could of been if I was consistent ;)



3 comments:

  1. Well done Emma. I like your ability to self reflect. If you never change a thing about yourself, you will still be loved up to the moon and back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was actually incredibly motivating! Consistency is key, as is recognising your short falls. I love that you are only committing yourself to what you know you can do; your setting yourself up for success this round. Good luck, Ill be following your progress and hopefully shedding the kilo's along the way with you =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Emma - we have missed you on the #D30's. Consistency is key - if only the rest of the world would work in with what we want!! You Oliver women are incredibly inspirational - you can and will succeed - look at how far you have come :) Ange

    ReplyDelete